Name:
Location: New Zealand

Approaching mid-life crisis

  • Betfair
  • Cricinfo
  • Planet Rugby
  • ATP Tennis
  • WTA Tennis
  • NZ Herald
  • Sportsfreak
  • Maptalk
  • Ult Betting Forum
  • Punt.com
  • Blogging It Real (NZ)
  • RugbyMan (UK)
  • Sportolysis (IND)
  • KiwiHerald
  • Michal Glowacki
  • Fraser Mills
  • 03 October 2007

    Damn Damn Damn

    Ahhh well, it looks like the Douggie bet as the top tryscorer is sunk. Still, at 12/1 I got a good run for my money. Truth is, even if he did play, I think the chances are Habana will end up top of the tree given the slightly easier run SAF have (potentially of course) to the final.

    Far be it for me to criticise Lord Ted and the rest of the selection panel, but starting Sivivatu really is a head scratcher. Some lazy defence against Italy and his fumbles v Scotland do not exactly fill me with confidence, and if the French had brains and a decent kicker (a big IF on both counts), kicks behind the line turning the wingers around would IMHO keep the upcoming QF a lot closer than most NZers will feel comfortable with. Especially when you add in the referee (Wayne Barnes) who I seem to recall looked out of his depth when SAF and Oz clashed in the opening Tri-Nations game this year.

    More thoughts on the QF's closer to the time, in the meantime if any can explain the selection of Sivivatu over Howlett I'm all ears.

    Labels:

    5 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I can't really understand it - But all I can say is Roko and Sivi Create more opportunities... Howlett is more of finisher...

    10:34 AM  
    Blogger AndrewT said...

    what the guy above said I guess. Am also one of those thinking 'wtf' inregards to howletts omission.

    Otherwise happy with the team.

    Whats SAs odds like atm? Pretty short now I imagine.

    12:46 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    edit to what I said above: Roko & Sivi break the defensive line where as Howlett does not. Ab's Must have a plan of going through the defense, rather than around....

    2:32 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Roko, Sivi, and Calamity McD forms a very vulnerable back 3 against a side that is likely to bring an even trickier tactical challenge than the Wallabies.

    A big call from the cartel.

    9:55 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I killed my cat

    4:33 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home