Name:
Location: New Zealand

Approaching mid-life crisis

  • Betfair
  • Cricinfo
  • Planet Rugby
  • ATP Tennis
  • WTA Tennis
  • NZ Herald
  • Sportsfreak
  • Maptalk
  • Ult Betting Forum
  • Punt.com
  • Blogging It Real (NZ)
  • RugbyMan (UK)
  • Sportolysis (IND)
  • KiwiHerald
  • Michal Glowacki
  • Fraser Mills
  • 02 August 2007

    Bad Beat

    Sorry for the lack of posts, but I've been playing a bit of on-line poker to while away the hours. And I have to share this hand with you, as it's one of the very few times I've felt sorry for the guy I stacked:

    I'm dealt 10h 10c. First person to act limps in, folded around to me and I raise, get two callers (including the limper).

    Flop comes 9h 8h 6h. Checked to me, so I bet. My overpair is probably good and there is a chance someone is on a higher flush draw than me, so I'll take the pot now thanks. Well blow me down - Mr Sneaky check-raises me which induces the other person to fold. I call.

    Next card (turn) comes 8d. Great, now I gotta worry about full houses as well as flushes. Mr Sneaky checks on me, and I'm quite happy to check behind.

    Well no prizes for guessing what comes sailing down the river, a beautiful and most unexpected 7h. Mr Sneaky now bets, I'm more than happy to push all my money in the middle and to my delight, Mr Sneaky calls and is shown my straight flush as he mucks and gets up and leaves.

    I check the hand history - poor bastard had pocket 8's, had made quads on the turn only to get one-outered by me on the river. I won't be complaining about luck in poker for a while.

    Labels:

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home