Name:
Location: New Zealand

Approaching mid-life crisis

  • Betfair
  • Cricinfo
  • Planet Rugby
  • ATP Tennis
  • WTA Tennis
  • NZ Herald
  • Sportsfreak
  • Maptalk
  • Ult Betting Forum
  • Punt.com
  • Blogging It Real (NZ)
  • RugbyMan (UK)
  • Sportolysis (IND)
  • KiwiHerald
  • Michal Glowacki
  • Fraser Mills
  • 02 May 2007

    Punt.Com

    One of the links I've added to the left is Punt.Com , a gambling blog by Matt who makes his living in the main trading tennis games on Betfair. Tennis is probably the most mature market for in-play betting; a sport to avoid unless you know what you're doing (why I might explain another time). Most gambling blogs I've come across are of the "what I did and how much I made/lost" variety, which after a while gets a bit boring - and something I try to avoid doing here (I might explain what I did, usually for humour value when I've cocked something up - but how much I made/lost? Forget it, none of your damn business!)

    However, Matt's blog is different and talks often about the psychology of gambling from a professional's point of view - something that resonates here as his thoughts echo what goes on between my ears from time to time.

    Despite being around professional gamblers for 10 years, I've probably learned more in the last 6 months than the previous 10 years - partly because I'm in a different environment (sports as opposed to horse racing), but mainly because earning a living from betting is a universe apart from doing it for fun, and a lot of the difference resides in the head.

    So if you have half an interest in professional gambling, Matt's blog is worth a look - check out the Gambling Psychology and Professional Gambling categories. Hopefully he'll continue it long-term.

    Labels:

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home