Name:
Location: New Zealand

Approaching mid-life crisis

  • Betfair
  • Cricinfo
  • Planet Rugby
  • ATP Tennis
  • WTA Tennis
  • NZ Herald
  • Sportsfreak
  • Maptalk
  • Ult Betting Forum
  • Punt.com
  • Blogging It Real (NZ)
  • RugbyMan (UK)
  • Sportolysis (IND)
  • KiwiHerald
  • Michal Glowacki
  • Fraser Mills
  • 27 April 2007

    Super 14 Week 13

    With the caveat that I'm still distracted by cricket in the Caribbean, here's a quick rundown on this weekend's matches (Betfair prices in brackets):

    HURRICANES ($1.35) v HIGHLANDERS ($3.90)

    Originally was going to leave this alone but I think the Speights boys are a little over-priced. While the Canes have been a little more consistent of late, they've put Weepu back to half (orders from above?) when his play at 10 has been better than any of the originally selected first-fives. I don't think there's a huge amount of difference between the sides - $3.90 tempts me in and I'll also take the points start at 9.5

    WARATAHS ($3.00) v CHIEFS ($1.49)

    I'll probably be having one of my bigger bets this season - the handicap is 6.5 on Betfair and if I can get evens on the Chiefs winning by 7 or more I'm unloading Fort Knox onto it. A little doubt if the Chiefs can reproduce their form away from home but we have one team still in the playoff race looking for 4 tries against a side already planning for Mad Monday. This could get ugly.

    FORCE ($1.32) v CHEETAHS ($4.40)

    The Cheetahs were diabolical last week and perhaps another side with half an eye on the end of the season. A game I'm leaving alone.

    BULLS ($1.55) v BLUES ($2.84)

    Thanks to the cricket, I didn't see either side play last week but the wheels look to have fallen off the Blues carriage. The amount of team changes week to week can't be helping either. Pretoria is not the fortress it used to be but I'm reluctant to back the Blues, although the price is getting tempting. Still thinking ....

    One thing to note is if the Blues do lose and kiss their home semi goodbye, empty your bank account onto the Crusaders to win the whole shebang - no side will be able to travel from SAF after a semifinal win and back up at Jade Stadium a week later.

    BRUMBIES ($3.65) v CRUSADERS ($1.37)

    I think this game will be a lot closer than most people expect, but the points start is not enough to get me involved. The Brumbies are allowing the fewest points of any side in the comp, but have problems themselves scoring tries and kicking goals. Sit and watch.

    AND THE OTHER TWO ...

    With the cricket final on at the same time I'll have no interest in the Sharks and Stormers thrashing the Lions and Reds respectively.

    Labels:

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home