Name:
Location: New Zealand

Approaching mid-life crisis

  • Betfair
  • Cricinfo
  • Planet Rugby
  • ATP Tennis
  • WTA Tennis
  • NZ Herald
  • Sportsfreak
  • Maptalk
  • Ult Betting Forum
  • Punt.com
  • Blogging It Real (NZ)
  • RugbyMan (UK)
  • Sportolysis (IND)
  • KiwiHerald
  • Michal Glowacki
  • Fraser Mills
  • 13 April 2007

    Super 14 Week 11

    Partly because of the cricket (great call on the Sri Lanka game ... NOT), and partly because my interest is waning as we meander to the inevitable Blues-Crusaders final, I can't be arsed doing a full preview this week.

    To be honest, betting opportunities are thin on the ground - for the last two weeks every favourite on the tote has won and I won't be surprised if it happens again this weekend. The "longest" priced favourite this weekend is the Bulls at $1.40 against the Stormers and all bar the Crusaders are playing at home.

    If you put on a pair of rose-tinted spectacles, you could make a quarter of a case for the Reds, or the Force, maybe even the Cheetahs, Sharks perhaps? ..... Nah, it's a weekend for keeping your money in the pocket. Keep an eye on the Wellington weather, the Cheetahs may be worth backing with the points start if it continues to be horrible, likewise the Force tomorrow.

    Some people don't like betting at the beginning of a season as it's unpredictable -I'm the opposite, I don't like betting at the end of the season as the form is too exposed. Couple that with widening winning margins (making backing the underdogs with the points start a little more risky) and I'm winding activity down.

    I learnt my lesson last week - out of boredom I backed the Force with the points start against the Crusaders. Such brilliance on my part. So the wallet stays shut this weekend, and a chance to catch up on some much needed sleep.

    Labels:

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home