Name:
Location: New Zealand

Approaching mid-life crisis

  • Betfair
  • Cricinfo
  • Planet Rugby
  • ATP Tennis
  • WTA Tennis
  • NZ Herald
  • Sportsfreak
  • Maptalk
  • Ult Betting Forum
  • Punt.com
  • Blogging It Real (NZ)
  • RugbyMan (UK)
  • Sportolysis (IND)
  • KiwiHerald
  • Michal Glowacki
  • Fraser Mills
  • 18 January 2007

    Monfils

    Yes I am watching and betting on the Australian Open (tennis). Usually I only pay half-attention to the first week of Grand Slams - just searching out competitive matches on the men's side of the draw and playing with pennies while watching an internet scoreboard.

    However last night saw a potentially cracking match on TV - two young guns in the form of Monfils and Bagdahtis. Now I remember the 20-y.o. Frenchman of African descent (I'm not allowed to say "black" for fear of a two-game ban from the ICC) fondly - he cost me a packet last year when getting absolutely smashed by Murray on clay last year; so with some trepidation a wee wager on Monfils at $3.70 as I settled down to watch.

    And what a cracking game it was (well the first two sets were - I fell asleep at 2 a.m.). I joined Monfils in jumping around like a monkey at the zoo (oops, here comes that two-game ban) as he ripped out winners and 210km/h serves. Entertaining stuff, and here's hoping for another blockbuster when he takes on fellow French young gun Gasquet in the next round.

    Labels:

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home