Name:
Location: New Zealand

Approaching mid-life crisis

  • Betfair
  • Cricinfo
  • Planet Rugby
  • ATP Tennis
  • WTA Tennis
  • NZ Herald
  • Sportsfreak
  • Maptalk
  • Ult Betting Forum
  • Punt.com
  • Blogging It Real (NZ)
  • RugbyMan (UK)
  • Sportolysis (IND)
  • KiwiHerald
  • Michal Glowacki
  • Fraser Mills
  • 19 December 2006

    Everest Revisited

    Hits on this blog have gone through the roof again and with 30% of visitors coming from USA at a time when Discovery Channel over there are airing a six-part series "Everest: Beyond the Limit" focusing on the Himex Expedition that included Mark Inglis, I guess they ain't coming here for my cricket tips.

    It's interesting (well, to me anyway) to re-read my ramblings written six months ago - with the benefit of hindsight and time there are not many words I'd change. Quite why I became so fascinated with this story I can't answer either - perhaps the callous disregard for a fellow life I still find hard to believe even though there is reasonable evidence to suggest this was possibly the case.

    The blog hits prompted me to go surfing (the net, not the waves) and every time I read more stuff on this it winds me up. The latest is seeing a TV "documentary" is about to be made allowing "the climbers to tell it from their point of view".

    For fuck's sake, the climbers do not need a TV propoganda exercise to air in May 2007 to tell their side of the story. There are plenty of other, more immediate, ways to tell it from their point of view. And no, I don't mean Inglis' book published for the Xmas market.

    The bottom line is, if the events of May 15 on Everest had an entirely innocent explanation, it would have been pointed out loud and clear by now. What troubles me is it hasn't - what we have is contradictory information still not cleared up 6 months after the event, despite Inglis' contrite press statement in July that his recollection may be unclear.

    Read into that what you will.

    Labels:

    1 Comments:

    Blogger XxX said...

    Check out this Sherpa Cam Interactive Video by Discovery Channel. This is not related to the May 15 incident at all, but it gives a great look at what it is like up there.

    12:55 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home