Name:
Location: New Zealand

Approaching mid-life crisis

  • Betfair
  • Cricinfo
  • Planet Rugby
  • ATP Tennis
  • WTA Tennis
  • NZ Herald
  • Sportsfreak
  • Maptalk
  • Ult Betting Forum
  • Punt.com
  • Blogging It Real (NZ)
  • RugbyMan (UK)
  • Sportolysis (IND)
  • KiwiHerald
  • Michal Glowacki
  • Fraser Mills
  • 12 December 2006

    A1

    While on the subject of questioning what is sport, I suppose motorsport could come under the microscope. After all, sitting on your backside driving a car is not exactly taxing, although apparently there is some physical stress involved as well as some degree of skill.

    So with the benefit of doubt, let's call it a sport. Which means it may appear on this illustrious blog and I can congratulate our Kiwi team for taking out the latest round of the A1 GP . I'm not a huge fan of motorsport, but on the odd occasions I catch it on the tube I much prefer A1 over Formula 1. Why?

    1. The philosophy behind the series is to reward driver skill by providing identical cars - so it's not a competition about money;
    2. It's nation v nation - not private team v private team, which leads to 3 ...
    3. It's another sport where we kick Australian arse.

    The next round is in New Zealand next month - worth a look if you're at least half a petrolhead.

    Labels:

    2 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    "sitting on your backside driving a car is not exactly taxing"

    What the fuck?
    Showing a bit of ignorance there honcho!
    I thought you used to do a bit of rallying too.
    Of course it is taxing. More taxing than a pansy sport like cricket. I expect that most top motorsport drivers are fitter than most of the NZ cricket team.

    I have my tickets for the A1.
    Wooooooo!

    9:22 AM  
    Blogger Rob Crawford said...

    "Showing a bit of ignorance there honcho!"

    Since when I have claimed I'm not ignorant!

    "I thought you used to do a bit of rallying too."

    Only on private forest roads ;-)

    Enjoy the A1 - I reckon it will be a good weekend.

    9:33 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home