Name:
Location: New Zealand

Approaching mid-life crisis

  • Betfair
  • Cricinfo
  • Planet Rugby
  • ATP Tennis
  • WTA Tennis
  • NZ Herald
  • Sportsfreak
  • Maptalk
  • Ult Betting Forum
  • Punt.com
  • Blogging It Real (NZ)
  • RugbyMan (UK)
  • Sportolysis (IND)
  • KiwiHerald
  • Michal Glowacki
  • Fraser Mills
  • 23 May 2006

    Ta Ta Tahs

    Not content with bagging the ref before the game, the Tahs now deflect attention from their performance with bagging the ref after the game. Oh well, Aussies are not well known for being graceful losers.

    I like the quote from Al Baxter, the prop penalised in the scrum that gave the Canes the match-winning penalty:

    "He (the ref Kaplan) said I was dragging the scrum down. I said I don't think I was. But I should have been better at powering over the top. Then it wouldn't have been an issue. I'm disappointed in myself. I feel like I've let the team down."

    So Al, you don't THINK you were? Having being a prop for one season in fourth-form, I think I'm well qualified to offer the opinion that you either ARE trying to drag the scrum down or you ARE NOT. Thinking doesn't come into it.

    And Chris Whittaker is not happy being marched 10 metres for apparently explaining to Kaplan after being penalised for not rolling away in a tackle, that "they were rucking the **** out of me".

    Chris, there are a few things you don't do in life. You don't call Mike Tyson ugly to his face. And you don't use swear words in dialogue with Kaplan. It's well known, so stop bitching about it.

    The only required reading of this game's aftermath is Spiro Zavos' article in the Sydney Morning Herald. He gets it spot on - Waratahs lose crucial matches through a conservative game plan.

    Now to the anonymous fkr who says "I have little faith" - listen, buddy. Betting is not about faith. Betting is not about picking the winner. Betting is about value.

    Even though the Waratahs lost, backing them at $2.60 was the right thing to do even with the benefit of hindsight, as the price was value. Just as it was value backing the Canes at around $3 the week before. You don't win money plonking your hard-earned on $1.50 shots in a reasonably even game, just because you think they'll "probably" win. That's the fast road to the poorhouse. If you don't understand this concept, stay away from the TAB.

    Anyway, enough about the rugby. Quiz time. What is the highest participation sport in Australia? Answer tomorrow.

    Labels:

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home