Name:
Location: New Zealand

Approaching mid-life crisis

  • Betfair
  • Cricinfo
  • Planet Rugby
  • ATP Tennis
  • WTA Tennis
  • NZ Herald
  • Sportsfreak
  • Maptalk
  • Ult Betting Forum
  • Punt.com
  • Blogging It Real (NZ)
  • RugbyMan (UK)
  • Sportolysis (IND)
  • KiwiHerald
  • Michal Glowacki
  • Fraser Mills
  • 18 December 2005

    MERRY XMAS

    The last couple of days have been hectic with moving house, work to catch up on and a cricket test to watch. And from today there's another one starting (India v Sri Lanka).

    Moving house at Xmas time - should be banned. Still, the power and SkyTV is on, and the broadband is flowing - everything else (like unpacking) can wait. A fascinating first test between the Saffers and Ockers - all-square after two days, and thankfully the pre-game standard draw lay looks like bringing home the chocolates. Just wish I'd done it for a bigger amount. I've just laid the Aussies at 1.40 - it's a trade with relatively little risk - if they bat well and shorten, how short can they go? With the draw at over 20's, I might back it a little, as if the Aussies do bat well today, the draw will shorten in to 10's or under, where I'll quite happily go against it again. I can't see this test being a draw; I'll be surprised if it gets to lunchtime on Day 5.

    Unlike the one to start tonight in India. Prices are roughly India 2.5, Sri Lanka 5.1, Draw 2.3. It's a game I won't get too heavily involved in, as I believe the draw is a significant possibility.

    After that, the Boxing Day test at Melbourne and the first ODI between NZ and Sri Lanka on New Year's Eve will see the completion of the punting year. It will be quiet on the blog until then ... Xmas time and I do have a family now! ... but the next post I'll put up at the end of the year will be a review of my first year as a reasonably serious sports punter. It's been a good year, I made my goal financially, but it certainly hasn't been all plain sailing and some lessons have been learnt, which I need to record as much for myself as anything else.

    So until then, have a great Xmas and see in the New Year with a smile on your face. I've already made my 2006 resolution - to lose some of the flab that's around my belly so to my O'ing friends, don't die of shock if you see me turn up in a forest sometime next year (look for an entry under the name of Kevin Ireland...).

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home